WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTOR OF DEVELOPING ESRF??
Risk factors for ESRF include:
- Diabetes is the biggest risk factor in developing ESRF. In diabetes, body doesn’t use glucose (sugar) very well thus, that glucose will remain in the blood and become harmful to the body. Nearly one –third of people who develop ESRF have diabetes.
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood pressure is the second leading cause of kidney failure. This condition can affect kidney function where it can cause damage to small blood vessels at the kidney thus preventing kidney from filtering the waste product in the blood.
- History of glomerular disease
- This is third leading cause of glomerular disease. Glomerular disease will damage glomeruli which function to filter blood in the kidney.
- Drug use
- Extensive use of over the counter pain medicine or
abuse of illegal drugs can lead to kidney
THANKS FOR VIEWING OUR BLOG...HAVE A NICE DAY!